19 Apr 2009

Malacca - home sweet home



I've been back in Malacca for two days now. My plants are thriving! So are the fish and so is Toitoi, our resident tortoise. We came down late at night on Friday and went to bed straight away, being too tired to do much of anything. However I still took time to look at the pond, clear away some dead leaves and switch off the waterfall.

Life is simpler here. The next day was gardening day - clearing weeds, putting fertiliser, trimming dead leaves and flowers. But I still took time for my regular Quran reading class. After all the hustle and bustle of traveling, sleeping at airport lounges (Saudi Air was really hopeless - we had a 6 hour delay at Madinah airport!), life can't be sweeter once I'm back on homeground. But before this - on Friday we had tea with the Ex PM - Tun Abdullah Badawi and his wife Jeanne to wish them all the best for the future. Like ordinary people they said they were quite tired - packing up to leave the PM's house in Putrajaya! The tea was held at the Marriott Putrajaya. It was a lovely place, with beautifully landscaped gardens. But the food? I'll give it a 5 out of 10. That is being generous. Let's just say it didn't live up to its name. BUt we had a great time anyway and I'm sure Pak Lah had a lot of fun too.

No comments: