24 Dec 2009

Salmon for Shasha

Yesterday I made a salmon dish for Shasha my daughter. She hates fish other than salmon and Repin doesn't like salmon, so I've never cooked it at home. However yesterday since she was on leave I decided to make a salmon dish for her, using left over pasta sauce, some vegetables and lots of tomatoes. First I marinated the salmon steak with oregano, black pepper, salt and lemon juice. After marinating it for a half hour, I popped it in the oven for 10 minutes under broil. Take it out again and this time I put in the other ingredients - chopped onions, Japanese cucumber, tomatoes, a dash of pepper and finally the pasta sauce. I put it in the oven again and leave it to grill until its well done - crisp outside. It tasted great, especially after I put on some parmesan cheese on top and let it melt. Shasha loved it, finishing the whole piece of fish. I guess that's the only way she'll eat fish and salmon does have a lot of omega 3.

2 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Your salmon dish rocks!!! Thank you for the recipe. :D

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I look forward to reading your beautiful blog posts in 2010. :D

Hugs, JJ

Kat said...

Thanks for your lovely note JJ! It did taste nice. And Happy New year to you too.