28 Feb 2012

Mulan the bad

Mulan being naughty
Today Mulan really deserved the nickname that my girls have given her. She is my youngest little kittie, though she isnt really young anymore - at just over a year old.

What did she do? First she jumped onto the kitchen cabinet where I was fixing dinner for Sarah - mushroom soup mixed with chicken. I was cutting the chicken into thin strips when she jumped - right on top of the cutting board. I almost cut her, the naughty girl! After being scolded she went off to the living room to sulk.

Then when I opened the front door to take the rubbish out she zipped out of the house like a bullet before I could say, "No."

And it took me a full 30 minutes to get her back inside! She's a really cheeky one, this kitty. She'd stop and sit when you call her name, but when you get near, up she'll get and run away again, looking at you as if saying, "come let's play catch!" Sometimes I wonder whether she's a puppy in cat skin - she follows me all over the house - upstairs, downstairs, kitchen, even the bathroom - just like Ginger used to.



 
that's her sulking
 
Chi Chi

It's at times like this that I remember Chi Chi my other cat, who died almost 2 years ago now. Her death was so sudden that until today I still feel the pain of losing her. One morning she was fine and running around playing with Ginger and the next she contracted a high fever, had a spasm and died - all within a space of hours. The vet said it must have been a virus but she didnt know what, because Chi CHi had been vaccinated and her shots were all up to date. Chi and Ginger were inseparable - we had found Ginger in the drain outside the house just two weeks before we got Chi Chi. Ginger then was so tiny and malnourished and so dirty, God knows what made me take her in. She certainly wasn't pretty as she is today. And she was such a lady - always grooming herself and walking daintily around the house, unlike Mulan who never walked if she could run anywhere!


Ginger and Chi Chi



Mulan trying to catch some fish!


3 comments:

The Bookworm said...

Kat they are soooo cute and it sounds like the have such fun personalities. They are lucky cats to find such a good owner.
Poor chi chi, I'm sure that was traumatic for you.

menopausal mama said...

hi Kat! Your blog is lovely! Is ChiChi part siamese? Beautiful cat! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog at http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com I see that you have Google Friend Connect--I went ahead and signed up as a follower there, nut it appears under my real name, Marcia Doyle. I fyou like my blog, maybe you can do the same. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

Yes, Naida they do have fun personalities - some people say cats have no character but actually they do. And thanks Marcia for visiting my blog! Yes I loved reading your entertaining blog!